Anytime a new boiler has been installed, a thorough review of the equipment’s installation is recommended prior to start-up. Providing the installing contractors a checklist with specific items and components that are critical to performing start-up are key to successful boiler operation. The checklist below ensures a commercial boiler is prepped and ready for start-up!
- Boilers are installed per the Installation Operation and Maintenance Manual (IOM). ____
- Proper intake piping has been installed. ____
- Proper exhaust flue has been installed. ____
- Condensate drains and neutralization kits are installed (condensing units only). ____
- Proper gas supply pressure is to the gas regulator. ____
- Gas lines are purged of air. ____
- Oil lines are purged of air (non-condensing units only). ____
- Power is supplied to the unit. ____
- ModSync control panel is installed and wired (if supplied). ____
- Header and outdoor temperature sensors are installed. ____
- System pumps operating with water are supplied to boilers. ____
- An adequate heating load to test and adjust combustion on the unit is required. ____
UEP provides pre start-up site visits to review the boiler installation and answer questions the contractor may have. Our goal is to help expedite the start-up/commissioning of your new boilers and keeping the project on schedule.
To learn more about our products and services, schedule a Lunch and Learn for your company today!