United Energy Products, Inc. (UEP) has an immediate opening for a full-time Service Technician. Our Service Technicians are proficient in servicing, troubleshooting, and cleaning of commercial heating equipment and related products. This position will be highly structured with an emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy. Day to day activities will vary over a broad spectrum of responsibilities, delivered in a fast-paced working atmosphere. Service Technicians are professional, dependable and should possess a customer service minded approach to their daily interactions with current and/or prospective clients.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the Startup of new equipment and maintenance of boilers, water heaters, burners & pumps for our customer base.
- Start up, service, and set fuel air mixtures for various fire-tube, water-tube boiler systems, and industrial boiler/burner systems.
- Perform combustion/efficiency testing on fuel fired equipment.
- Start up and service various controls on ancillary boiler room equipment. Feed water systems, Pre heat kits, Enervex draft controls and system pumps.
- Set up, troubleshoot, and service various types of Boiler Management Systems.
- Troubleshoot and/or make repairs on gas and oil-fired equipment such as boilers and water heaters.
Successful Candidate Must Have:
- High School Diploma (or GED/High School Equivalence Certificate)
- 3-5 years’ experience operating, maintaining, and servicing boilers and boiler equipment.
- Training related to safety and health.
- Overall knowledge of all field related services provided by the company.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to understand engineering and other construction drawings.
- Take independent actions and calculated risks; responds promptly to customer needs, seeks opportunities to improve processes and implements creative solutions.
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that persuades positive interaction.
- Strong analytic and research skills including the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Provides full attention to what other people are saying, respectfully communicates by taking time to understand the points being made and asks questions at appropriate times to obtain clarification.
- Excels in prioritizing daily functions and dealings with multiple deadlines and high volumes of work. Plans activities and develops realistic action plans.
- Employees may be subject to pre-employment background check and/or random drug and alcohol testing.
What We Offer:
- Paid time off beginning the first day of employment
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Multiple options for employer-subsidized health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401 K
- Short & Long-Term Disability and basic life insurance